VET Resources - Terms of SaleImportant information and terms of sale for VET Resources training resources.
Purchase of VET Resources training materials are subject to the following conditions:
VET Resources Terms of Sale
- Materials supplied are on a “one-off” upfront payment model. Once you purchase the training resources, you won’t have to pay other ongoing fees.
- Learning materials and assessment tools are delivered in editable digital format.
- You may reproduce, copy, and distribute the training materials to your staff and students in print and/or electronic format.
- You may rebrand, edit, and modify these resources to include your RTOs branding.
- These training resources are not designed as “off-the-shelf” materials. RTOs are responsible for contextualising the training materials to suit their organisation’s needs or to comply with audits.
- The RTO is responsible for making sure their unit selection meets qualification or skillset packaging rules.
- If any of the resources supplied in its original form fail to comply with any regulatory requirements, VET Resources will rectify the non-compliance at no additional cost.
- Resources are delivered in digital format via a secure download link for easy use and distribution. Please allow 2 to 5 business days for delivery.
- The invoice for the training resources requested will be generated once the order is confirmed.
- After the payment is made, it may take up to 1 to 2 business days for the payment to clear and our finance team to verify receipt of payment.
- When the payment is confirmed, we will verify any remaining details required to complete your licence agreement. We will send a copy of the licence agreement for you to sign within 1 to 2 business days.
- Once we received all the required information and the signed licence agreement, we will process the order. Delivery of the materials typically takes 1 to 3 business days.
- Your materials will be delivered in digital format via secure delivery service (e.g. Dropbox, SharePoint, or other similar applications).
To be fair to all our clients, we work on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Orders go into the delivery queue once payment and licensing have been finalised, and all required information received.
Any delays to these steps by the client may result in longer delivery timeframes.