Scott's experience as CEO of three RTOs has exposed him to many ASQA audits and a decade of industry updates and changes. Scott understands that to be successful, RTOs must focus on quality, be adaptable to change, and ensure they focus on their learners first.
Latest posts by Scott Rogers
- ASQA Chief Resigns As Reforms To The Regulator Announced! - October 2, 2019
- Is Your RTO Prepared? Four New Work Health and Safety Qualifications Released - September 7, 2019
- Why Your RTO Should Deliver Commercial Cookery Qualification - September 4, 2019
Get your RTO the Latest Work Health and Safety Qualifications
The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) has released 4 new Work Health and Safety qualifications on training.gov.au (TGA) after it approved the Case for Endorsement and implementation for the BSB Business Services Training Package (Release 5.0). The new Work Health and Safety qualifications were the result for the Case for Change prepared by PwC’s Skills for Australia on behalf of the Industry Reference Committee (IRC) for the Business Services training package. The Australian Industry Skills Council (AISC) later endorsed this project on 11th April 2017.
The qualifications included in the scope of the project include the Certificate III in Work Health and Safety (BSB30715), Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (BSB41415), Diploma of Work Health and Safety (BSB51315), and Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety (BSB60615). The full BSB Training Package Review can be understood better by reading this Skills Service Organisation Report on Business Service Training Package Recommendations.
Changes to these training products include updates to 4 qualifications and 26 units, 3 units to be deleted, and 7 units to be created. The four new Work Health and Safety Qualifications under the BSB Business Services Training Package that underwent review and subsequently updated are:
- BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety
- BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- BSB60619 Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety
Included in the changes for BSB Business Services Training Package is the creation of 7 new units of competency, these are:
- BSBWHS331 Participate in identifying and controlling hazardous chemicals
- BSBWHS431 Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- BSBWHS512 Contribute to managing work-related psychological health and safety
- BSBWHS514 Manage WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS531 Implement and evaluate system of work for managing hazardous chemicals
- BSBWHS611 Develop and implement strategies that support work-related psychological health and safety
- BSBWHS612 Develop and implement a strategy to support a positive WHS culture.
After the AISC’s approval for the Case for Endorsement for implementation, the 4 New Work Health and Safety qualifications can be seen on the Training.gov.au (TGA) website.
How Does This Impact My RTO?
With such vast and sweeping changes, RTOs need to start now in Developing their Training and Assessment Strategies, engaging in industry consultation and sourcing or developing their Training and Assessment Resources.
Getting ahead of the game in terms of having a course ready for the market first will mean making the most of the work involved in releasing and new course, and getting the many early adopter enrolments that result from being one of the first courses available. Any RTO that moves now will directly benefit from being first to market.
We have some great news to make this task easier as our resource publishing partner is well underway in the developing of these critical WHS resources and will have the Cert IV in WHS Training and Assessment Resources read for market by the end of October 2019. The rest of the qualification will follow close behind.
Our Publishing Partner has advised that the changes are substantial and have meant a complete rewrite of their old resources to mee the requirements of the new qualifications. They have advised us that they have invested the equivalent of 9 months of development for one instructional designer in the Certificate IV Training Resources. Of course to meet the tight timeframes they have a 5 person project team working on these Cert IV updates to ensure they will be ready for you next month. The changes to the WHS qualifications and units already published on TGA are summarised below:
- 4 New Qualifications Substantially Changed from Superseded Versions
- 26 Units Substantially Changed from Superseded Versions
- 3 Units Deleted
- 7 New Units Created
Where Does My RTO Find These Latest Work Health and Safety Training Resources?
TotalVET Training Resources is pleased to advise that we are taking pre-orders on the following WHS Training Resources. You can click on the links below to enquire about pricing and samples for the qualifications right away. The great news is that we are offering a massively discounted price for those smart RTOs who want to be first to market and Pre-order our Quality WHS Training Resources.
- Click Here For – BSB30719 Cert III in Work Health and Safety Training Resources
- Click Here For – BSB41419 Cert IV in Work Health and Safety Training Resources
- Click Here For – BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety Training Resources
- Click Here For – BSB60619 Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety Training Resources
We hope that you have found this WHS update informative, and do let us know if we are able to help with sample resources for these new qualifications.