Stay Up to Date with the Latest MSF Training Package Updates
27 September 2023 MSF Training Package Update
The qualifications granted a more extended transition period are:
- MSF40118 – Certificate IV in Interior Decorating
- MSF50218 – Diploma of Interior Design
- MSF30113 – Certificate III in Furniture Finishing
- MSF30818 – Certificate III in Flooring Technology
- MSF31113 – Certificate III in Cabinet Making
ASQA noted that the transition period for training, assessment and certification issuance for the affected qualifications ends on 31 January 2024. This extended transition period only applies to students who have started their formal training and assessment on or before the 7th and 20th of December 2023.
All students enrolled in these qualifications must complete their course by the end of the new transition deadline. Alternatively, students may choose to transfer to more current training products.
Reasons for Granting Extended Transition Periods in MSF Training Package
ASQA grants a longer transition period for qualification if the regulatory body determines that not approving one will be disadvantageous for a cohort of learners. Approving an extended transition period longer than those detailed in Clause 1.26(a) of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 is within ASQA’s authority if it is under the Guidance for Providers–Learner Transition.
Before granting an extended period for a qualification, ASQA consults with the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) and the Training Accreditation Council of Western Australia (TAC WA). For the MSF training package, ASQA also consults with Skill Insight, the Jobs and Skills council with operational responsibility for the furnishing training package.
How Can Your RTO Benefit from MSF Training Package Updates?
Staying current with the latest changes in the MSF training packages can help your RTO’s success and sustainability. Here are the five major benefits your RTOs can enjoy by keeping up with the current news in the furnishing training package:
- Compliance Assurance: Staying current with the latest changes in the MSF training package ensures that your RTO complies with the changing regulations and industry standards.
- Industry Relevance: The MSF training package update aligns your training programs with the latest industry practices and skills, enhancing graduates’ employability.
- Enhanced Reputation: Consistently offering up-to-date training products builds a reputation for quality and relevance, increasing your RTO’s enrollments and industry partnerships.
- Competitive Edge: Your RTO can gain a competitive advantage by providing vocational education and training that meets the evolving needs of the furnishing sector.
- Efficient Curriculum Development: Keeping up with the MSF training package update can help your RTO streamline curriculum development, saving you time and resources while keeping your training current.
March 2023 MSF Training Update
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) recently announced an extended transition period for the MSF30418 Certificate III in Glass and Glazing qualification. This transition period applies only to currently enrolled apprentices and will end on 31 July 2024.
In general, ASQA’s Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 provide specific transition periods for learners to complete their training and assessment for a qualification. However, in some cases, ASQA may approve a longer transition period if it can be demonstrated that learners would be genuinely disadvantaged without it.
In this case, ASQA extended the transition period for MSF30418 after receiving support from industry stakeholders, regulators, and providers. This extension will allow currently enrolled apprentices to complete their training and assessment within the extended period and receive certification.
It is worth noting that the qualification will remain on the scope of registration for the RTOs delivering it until the end of the extended transition period. This means that RTOs will continue to be able to offer this qualification to currently enrolled apprentices and will be able to issue certification to those who complete it within the extended period.